Cook County Vehicle Stickers
Cook County Vehicle Stickers for Unincorporated Residents only must be displayed on your automobile by July 1, and they are available at the Township Offices for a $3 processing fee.
- If you purchase your sticker after July 1, you will be charged a late penalty equal to the price of the sticker or $25, whichever is greater. You may also be subject to additional penalties if your sticker is not displayed by July 1.
- Individuals who have turned 65 by July 1 are entitled to a "No Fee" sticker that remain effective for as long as he or she owns that vehicle. This discount is limited to 2 passenger vehicles or trucks weighing less than 10,000 lbs. Senior who own large trucks, motorcycle or trailers are required to pay full price for those stickers.
- Newly-acquired vehicles: For any new or used vehicle purchased or acquired after July 1, a valid Cook County Vehicle Sticker must be displayed within 30 days of the date of acquisition. Proof of purchase required.
- For vehicles purchased on or after December 1 of the application year, Vehicle Stickers may be purchased at half price (excluding seniors), when proof of purchase is provided.
- New residents: Within 60 days of taking up residence within the unincorporated area of Cook County, a current Cook County Vehicle Sticker must be displayed on the owner’s vehicle. Proof of occupancy required.